Friday, June 12, 2009

"Runway" Success in Oakville!


I felt like a kid trying on my Mom's glittery jewelry and gowns she'd wear to the Princess Ball every year at HMSC Star. I remember how she looked like a real princess and I couldn't wait to look like that one day!
While belly dancers balanced sparkling chandeliers on their heads, I wore them on my ears last night! I've never worn such gorgeous earrings!
Oakville Carmen's "Arabian Nights" Fashion Show for the Charity of Hope raised an equally sparkling $40,000.00 for children in need throughout Halton and Hamilton and boy do they ever do it with CLASS!
Top-notch dining perfectly matched the middle eastern theme along with the most exotic fashions from area boutiques: Tofano's of Ancaster (I wore 2 of Sylvia's stunning gowns and those incredible earrings and bracelets by "Karen". Word has it Michelle Obama has indicated an interest in her work!). Other fashion retailers featured included, Mainstream, the Oyster, Poise, Harry Rosen and Jonathon Quinn for Men. Yes even the men sparkled!
Morris Mercanti started the Charity of Hope in 2003 with a group of hand-ball friends and since, with his committee and Co-Chairs this year wife Lynn Mercanti and niece Jennifer Mercanti (shown in photo), has raised a total of $300,000.00.
The $40,000.00 raised this year will go to HALTON FAMILY SERVICES, THE HALTON LEARNING FOUNDATION, JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL, KERR STREET MINISTRIES AND OAKVILLE TRAFALGAR HOSPITAL.
For everyone there last night, it was a sparkling affair.
For our children and our community: a brighter future.
For me: a chance to work with Sandie Krueger's incredible Vogue models and strut down a runway with chandelier earrings, without a care in the world...just like being a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment